Home Additions in Central PA
People dream about building their dream house someday. There are ways of altering your present house into your dream house. This will be cheaper than building it from scratch. Making home renovation additions for a better lifestyle is very common these days. Most of these home renovation additions not only increases the living space in your house, making it more comfortable but also increase the resale value of your house. Most homeowners go in for bathroom or kitchen renovations. But making remodeling additions is a better idea that just remodeling the existing structure. Even while making additions you can do a number of things, you can build another story, you can change the exteriors of the house, you can make changes within the house, change your garage etc.
Here are a few ideas on Home Renovation Additions
- You can add an additional bathroom to your house
- You can enlarge an existing bathroom.
- Renovate the master bathroom to create a luxurious bathroom with a bath, shower and dressing room.
- Adding a bath to the guest room will make it more comfortable and your guest will have more privacy.
A sunroom allows sunlight and air into the house. While creating a sunroom you have to decide how you want to use it. The construction of the sunroom will depend on the way you plan to use the room. Here are a few options for a sunroom:
- Adding skylights to any room will bring sunlight into the room.
- Add windows to ventilate the sunroom. You can cover the windows with gray-tint to keep out UV rays and excess heat.
Adding A Second Story
- Consult a structural engineer or a building contractor before you decide to build another story.
- The foundation of older homes may need support before building another story.
- The electric system will have to be upgraded to bear the additional load.
- Converting the entire second story into a master suite is a popular idea.
- Many people convert the entire second story into loft for recreation or a home office or for a children’s playroom.
- A second story addition can be used as an art studio or workshop.
By making additions to the garage you can add to the living space in your house.
- The space above the garage can be converted into a private living space for guests or a live-in parent.
- You can convert the garage into your home office. As it is away from the house the disturbance from the house will be minimum.
- A garage can be converted into a music studio to nurture budding talent. Soundproof the garage walls to prevent complaints from the neighbors.